Are you starting a food business? Know what is FSSAI registration process, etc. Now you can get the FSSAI license at affordable rates through NyayaSevak
In India with increasing number of food business which is the fastest growing business in our country, the risk of food adulteration, mixing of additives, contamination became higher. Thus, it becomes pivotal for the government to not only regulate the food being put in the market but also to check the safety of consumption for human purpose are in the regulatory standards. Hence, Food Safety and Standards Authority is the statutory body under Food Safety and Standards Act, 2006 which becomes the primary law for regulation of food products.
The act defines the food safety policies which are developed and implemented in India. The FSSAI elects food safety authorities on the state level. The FSSAI is managed by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare in the administrative control. FSSAI's main purpose is:
- Establish scientific standards for articles of food.
- Regulating production, storage, distribution, packaging and sale of food.
FSSAI license is issued for all the food products sold in the market. FSSAI license is a 14 digit number which is printed on the food packet which denotes that the product has passed the standard laid down by FSSAI in India and thus it ensures the consumer that the product that he is purchasing is deemed fit, hygienic and quality is maintained for consumption and can entrust the statute.
ELIGIBILITY FOR FSSAI LICENSE
As per Food Safety and Standards act, 2006 every Food Business Operator is required to obtain an FSSAI Food License. Even if Food Business Operator operates on a small scale it only requires to register itself with FSSAI but as soon as it crosses the specified turnover it needs to obtain a license. The specified limit under the act is as follow: Basic Registration: If the annual turnover is less than 12 lakh, Form A is required
to be filled for getting Basic Registration State License: If the annual turnover crosses 12 lakh and upto 20Cr, Form B is required to be filled for getting the State License. Central License: If the annual turnover exceeds 20cr, Form B is required to be filled for getting the Central License.
IMPORTATANCE OF FSSAI LICENSE
The FSSAI Food license is considered as a mandatory license for the operation of a food-related company and the quality of food in the business as well.
The benefits of having a FSSAI License:
1. Consumer awareness: With increasing options of food and substitutes available in the market. The consumer has become alert and informative about the product and thus goes for entrusted brand. Hence, food with FSSAI license widens the scope of selling and widening the market as it gains trust from the consumers.
2. Penalty charged by Government: The cost of obtaining the license is less than the penalty of carrying out business without license. Thus, having license safeguards business from negative publicity in the markets which may hamper the growth of sales.
3. Significance of the FSSAI logo: FSSAI logo on the packaging denotes good quality, assurance to the consumer by the government. Hence, business having license have a edge over other food business operators in the market as a sign of better products and thus it attracts and gains consumer from the market.
4. Expansion of Business: Since the license gives assurance about the product and operator’s reputation, it becomes easier for the operator to expand his business and create a new consumer base in a new market which is also backed by banks and capital markets for project funding. Hence, a financial need of business becomes easy to be satisfied.
APPLY FOR FSSAI LICENSE/REGISTRATION
In order to avail the FSSAI license, you can log on to our website www.nyayasevak.com or download our app for free from Google Play Store and/or Apple IOS store.